How Can I Make a Difference?
There are many ways for you to support cycling in the Peterborough community. You can use our reference guide below to get started as a cycling advocate.
- Become a part of Peterborough’s cycling community by attending cycling events, including community rides and educational programs, hosted by P-BAC or our partner organizations such as B!KE, GreenUP, Peterborough Cycling Club, and the City.
- Sign-up for CycleNews to receive regular email digests of what’s happening in Peterborough for cyclists.
- Follow P-BAC on Twitter and Facebook and connect with us using #bikeptbo.
Raise Your Voice!
- If you encounter problems cycling in your neighborhood, reach out to your P-BAC Ward Advocate to provide feedback. They will help you assess the situation and navigate the proper channels to work towards a resolution.
- Vote like a cyclist! Know who your City Councillors are and ask them to support cycling in Peterborough.
- Attend Council Meetings when active transportation topics are on the agenda and tell your elected officials that you support cycling.
Set The Right Tone!
- Be a positive cycling role model in Peterborough. Be understanding and positive when talking to non-cyclists and cyclists of all ages and abilities.
- Uphold traffic laws when on your bike and encourage others to follow your lead.
- Recognize that many drivers also bike and walk, just as most cyclists also drive cars. Be inclusive and empathetic, and you’ll find that bringing others into Peterborough’s cycling community is easier than you think.